Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Best Family Dog Breed for Survival?

I don't currently have a dog, but I do lots of research and see what I like walking on the streets.  I have young grand-children and don't want an attack dog like a Rottweiler or a Pitt bull around them (or me).  From what I've seen and read so far, I like three breeds for an overall useful dog around a compound and is safe with children.  As a responsible pet owner, I also realize any dog needs to be properly trained.

The top three breeds for me are:
  • Australian Shepard
  • Golden Retriever
  • German Shepard
I think anyone of these three breeds would be ideal for myself as a "guard" over a small herd of pygmy goats and other barnyard critters, and would be good watchers and playmates for small children. Decisions, decisions!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. https://dogbreeds.wiki